Wednesday 27 June 2012

Scars on land




I always thought that when by body dies, they can take every part of it except for my eyes. But now, well, take it all. If someone else can survive and my brain is already dead why shouldn't they. Maybe there is an afterlife and organ-less I will be some kind of crippled zombie type. Who knows, perhaps karma exists and I will be rewarded for selflessness or something. All I know is that in that moment, what I was is never coming back, and if someone else can profit from life though mine ending, why not.

Almodóvar's Todo sobre mi madre considers everything from belief to sexuality to AIDS, and also looks at organ donation by starting with a mother losing her son and having to make the choice to donate or not.




If you want to become an organ donor in South Africa, please visit their website.






No comments:

Post a Comment