Saturday 12 November 2011

Sundried

Fruit 'n Veg had a special on: 3 packs of tomatoes for R12. So I bought them and dried them. Normally I halve the tomatoes ( the small Roma ones), arrange them on baking trays, sprinkle over a salt/pepper/sugar/spices mixture and bake them at 100°C for a few hours. But yesterday the oven stopped working in the middle of my drying-out session. I figured out one of the fuses had blown ( a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle, hey?!).

So now the tomatoes have been actually drying outside in the sun for two days and it worked pretty well.
When they are dried to your taste ( I like them to still be slightly "wet" and then I eat them like candy) you can fill them into some glass jars and top the jars up with olive oil until all the dried tomatoes are completely covered.

Nice.








No comments:

Post a Comment