Tuesday 13 September 2011

Fortunata

Here is some advice I found in class: 



Strangely, it came true. I am now presented with various options for 2012 and I want to do all of them at the same time.

For Machiavelli, Fortuna is equal to the unpredictability of life. Ok, he does equate Fortuna with a female destructive force that needs to be conquered if the prince is to survive in his position of power, which offends my inner feminist. But at the moment, Fortuna is more what Lennon sees as "Life is what happens to you while you were busy making other plans" ( from "Beautiful Boy ( Darling Boy)"). I don't know if life really is unpredictable. 

I mean, we all make plans. It might just be about lunch for tomorrow, or about where you'll be going for your next vacation. But it might also be more significant changes that you plan for your life. 

Now, the choice is between staying and going. First some information needs to be sourced about both options. Today is just the culmination of possible futures knocking on my door and saying, listen lady, here is what you can do. Screw any plans you had until now.

Anyways, nothing to be done at the moment. Thank you random fortune cookie advice.


PS: today everything seems to be highlighted and I can't get it not to be so. 
PPS: ok, on the 24.October 2011 I managed to un-highlight it. weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment