Monday 18 April 2011

Pretoria Tea Party

Today is such a rainy day that I procrastinated successfully and made myself an enormous pot of tea. Pity its heat did not reach my feet.

My grandmother showed me how to make tea since she drinks about 10 litres of the stuff per day. My urinary tract is cleansed every time I visit her because of all the tea I have to drink. I like the ritual of
tea: making it, sitting together and chatting or enjoying it while watching Oprah. When you visit people, they always offer a cup of tea. Such a friendly thing, tea.

So, here is Ouma's way of brewing the perfect cup:
Firstly boil your kettle. Only boil as much water as you'll need.
When your kettle has clicked to signal that it is done, add some hot water to your tea pot to warm it up. Swish the water around a bit until the pot feels warm. Throw the water out.
Take your teabags and stuff them into your pot. Pour hot water on them. Wait a couple of minutes.
Enjoy.

My mom just brought me another cup of tea. Vanilla with honey. Lovely :)

for the people who can't get the ratio right

true story

check out their music reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment